12/27/08

JERRY JONES PLEASE SHUT UP

I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for a long, long time. As long as I can remember, actually. I'm proud of the history of the team. Roger Staubach's heroics... Tony Dorsett retiring as the 2nd all time leading rusher... Emmitt Smith retiring as the all time leading rusher... Tom Landry being the only coach they had for their first 29 years of existence. Everyone knows the history that took place when Jerry Jones bought the team so I won't go into all of that. I will say this though... Jerry Jones, please shut up. I try really hard to like you and give you the benefit of the doubt and then you open your mouth. Your latest thing was when all the turmoil was going on between Terrell Owens, Tony Romo and Jason Witten you said, "We love that stuff." Huh? You love all that shit going on and then you lose a game to the Ravens that has put in serious jeopardy your team making the playoffs? Jerry, really... shut the fuck up. Take a lesson from Paul Allen and shut up. Stop talking. I have this fear that in 10 years when Jones is getting senile, he will be reading a letter much like Al Davis of the Raiders on why he just fired his latest coach. Jerry, you're ruining a franchise that had a history you had nothing to do with, but claim as your own. Just go away.

No comments: